Happy New Year everyone! Courtney from Beach Momma here today! For my first post of the new year on Beth's blog, I thought I'd do some beauty tips that I know help me. Being a mom is a full time job, we all know that! Now add in the cooking, cleaning, husband and the endless amount of to-do's on the list and it seems never ending! I'm not leaving out you busy ladies that don't have kids but work nonstop either! Or you working mommas!
Here are some things that I have found really help my day go smoother, and help me feel better about myself all day long, and can be used for anybody that find themselves with a crazy schedule.
- I wash my hair at night when little ones are sleeping and twist it up into a bun. I blow dry it the next morning and style as usual.
- Find a hair style that will last you a few days. If I curl my hair with a curling wand it lasts 2-3 days. On the 3rd day it looks like soft perfect beachy waves. Experiment with curls, straight, buns, braids etc.
- Go easy on the makeup during the day. Use just the basics and put them in a separate bag. It makes it so much easier to throw on the essentials and go if you don’t have to dig through a messy makeup bag! Check out this post I did about my beautiful sister and natural day makeup.
- Get dressed! While the kids are eating breakfast I usually make a break for my room and throw my clothes on. It's amazing how much better I feel when I actually put on real clothes.
- Embrace hats. Seriously. Beanies, headbands and scarfs have changed my life. hah! It's a great way to spruce up an outfit or hide greasy hair, or disguise ugly length bangs until they are grown out enough to be cute again. (me right now)
Most importantly, it’s OK to have those “mom” days. We all have them, and never let it get you down. Does anybody have any beauty tips that make their lives easier? Please share!